We monitor offences involving the use of weapons in the UK to produce body armour that suits the type of threats our customers may face. This page was last updated on 19th October 2020 and at this time we could not locate information for Northern Ireland.
Data is collected from various departments, including the Office for National Statistics for England and Wales and Justice Analytical Service in Scotland. Numbers are compared with the previous year.
England and Wales (Up 4% overall)
- Shotguns up 3% from 657 incidents to 677.
- Handguns down 5% from 2,868 to 2,726
- Rifles down 29% from 92 to 65
- Imitation firearms down 9% from 1,540 to 1,407
- Unidentified firearms up 29% from 869 tp 1,147
- Other firearms up 45% from 508 to 737
Scotland 2017-2018 (down 1% overall)
In total there were 348 offences committed, broken down by weapon type as follows;
- Air weapon 56%
- Pistol or revolver 17%
- Imitation firearm 13%
- Shotgun 11%
- Rifle 4%